Friday, October 09, 2009

Who are the 5 ppl I will meet in heaven?

As the title suggests, I just finished reading "The five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom
I think I'm gonna add him into my favourite authors list. This book had me glued to it for the past few hours. Just one word. Fantastic. or maybe another word. Awesome. hehe

*Spoiler alert*

The 4th person he met which was his deceased wife really struck me. Not very long before, I always had an image of me and her walking down a pathway, enjoying the gentle breeze of the wind, basking in the warm sun. Wrinkles all over us, we would have between us.. little talks, jokes and affectionate gestures. I could promise you that If she had an ice-cream with her she'd try to smear my face with it haha. Its weird when you think your really over your relationship but it just strikes you at those vulnerable moments and it makes you think of the past memories you've spent with each other. Those moments full of laughter and happiness, teary moments of sadness..you just get reminded of it. And..you just wish for the person to be there with you. Embracing her..feeling her heartbeat next to mine. To this day, she's still so very special to me..I guess I have a special place for her in my heart even If things would never work out between us.
I just..loved that smile of hers. If you could see it from my eyes..you would see an angel..reaching out. A sensation of warmth and affection flooding your very surroundings. But now thats all but a distant past. A past that would never come back.

Now, I propose a question to you. For the woman or man you loved with all your life, what would you do without him/her? In a sense..I feel for Eddie the maintenance guy. For when he lost his beloved wife, his aptitude for sadness and grief enveloped him for the rest of his living days.

Now a moral to this story. Be strong. Don't ever close your heart. Accept new possibilities. Be loving to everyone.

You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let God do the rest.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today's God's gift and thats why we call it present.

[ Quotes from Joan Rivers ]

No comments: