Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 05- A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life

Dear Mum & Dad,

I know i've not been the best son you could find and also the fact that i know that I have disappointed you folks innumerable times. The fact is that I'm trying my best and i sincerely hope that my best does suffice to make you even slightly proud of me.

But this letter if not of what I have done but its what both of you have done to change my life. Without both of you, there would be no life, there would be no 'wilson', there wouldn't even be this blog right here.

(Well the blog is comparatively quite low in the list of priorities, akin to comparing a skyscraper to a screw)

Remember the times when I was still a little toddler, always asking both of you to carry me as I would always refuse to walk. I bet you do! Mum, I still remember the remark about how I was getting too heavy for you to carry me but you still did anyways :) And Dad, for the times you gave me piggie back rides, I thank you, for those are the moments I will always cherish.

I wouldn't have been the person I am without both of you, I used to refuse to believe the line "Like Father like son", for this case "Like parents, like son". I see a part of both of you in me, not only physically but personality wise too! Good thing I didn't inherit the gambling traits from the Father's side. hehe!

It has been an up and down journey through life, and I thank you both for sticking up for me when it mattered the most and being there for me when I needed someone. Although I may not show it, but I do love you both, with all my heart and soul. And.. I've found someone who loves me alot as well!! His name is Jesus, well He died for my sins and rose again, now He's in heaven looking over me, your daughters and both of you as well!
If I had a dying wish, I would wish that both of you would come to know who Jesus truly is, and to accept Him in your hearts as your personal Lord and Savior as I have done as well. If i die today, I would really really hope to see both of you in heaven with me. Ask my friends how if i'm not around to explain. heh! :)

So Mum and Dad, Thank you for my life.

Thank you for changing my life.

Love,
Your dearest son,
Wilson

No comments: