Sunday, April 22, 2012

Being alive?

What is being alive to you? Pursuing your dreams and passions? Doing something you like? Being somewhere in a place you dreamed of going to?

I don't know about you, but what I know is that throughout these years, I've not been able to find any other satisfaction than being alive in Jesus. Sure we can pursue our interests and stuff, or even buy our favourite weapons and tools of mass distraction. But in the end of the day, they don't really give you a full wholesome feeling of fulfilment.

I guess my point in this post is the whole issue of being a watered down believer of Christ. I mean we are called to make disciples of all nations, being His light in the darkness of the world and a host of other things in our own circumstances. But to what extent do we fulfil these heavenly obligations? To what extend are we so entranced by the word-ly temptations and pleasures that we even forget what really matters the most. Are we serving Him with the best of our capabilities and time? Or are we blinded by the whole mushy side of God-will-understand so I can do whatever I want to do at this moment of time. Whose priorities come first? God's? Yours? Your family's? Your friends? Think about it. 

But friends, I'm not condemning you for this, in fact I am equally if not more guilty in these matters. I have come to comprehend this and it is probably not the first time I've realized it. The devil has his ways of blinding us in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. BUT that gives us no reason to be complacent. It takes a little effort to know but a major effort to act. Knowledge is useless without Action. 

I just pray that you and I will be able to run this race and not be weary, to be able to say as Paul was able to say, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

No comments: