Monday, November 21, 2011

Future?

A conversation with a friend yesterday brought upon ideas for careers in which I have not imagined I would consider before. What career? Being an engineer in a ship that is. There's definitely pros and cons into going into that career path but is that what I really want to do? Of course the pay is super lucrative but you'd end up sailing a good 6 months without an option for a leave and that my friend is a very big sacrifice. Things you normally do like going to church on weekends, meeting up with ol' pals for a drink or a dinner or two, seeing my family and obviously missing out on how my nephews and nieces grow up, they'll all be gone.

I'll just have to see if there is a call for such a career.

Talking of careers, I wonder if I really want to go into the aeronautical field, opportunities for good future development and prospects are almost non-existent in Malaysia. What would you do in the pursuit of your dreams? Everything seems like a clutter at the moment and the last thing I would want to do is to get stuck in an office job.

I want an extraordinary life, no I'm not saying being rich in a monetary or property manner, rather I want to be rich in the experiences I have attained. I'd like to say that I've travelled the world and lived through many cultures. I'd like to be different.

But who doesn't want to be different?..

Sad isn't it? But I will not despair for I know that my God has plans to prosper not plans to harm and plans to give me a hope and future. I am confident that my God has even greater plans for me than I can even think of. I pray for continual strength and faith to believe! :)


No comments: