Saturday, September 18, 2010

Denying oneself

A question for you to ponder on.

What does it mean to deny yourself in your daily life, if we are to take up the cross?

I feel that It is through denying oneself of worldly ways and to keep re-accessing one's lifestyle.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I find it a everyday challenge to do so, but yet, in Christ anything is possible!

I've been bugged in my heart about the word relationship. Is it such a trivial matter already that we are just completely relying on our own emotions as men and not seek the counsel of God? Even more so that these emotions will just keep burning like a wild fire, engulfing every person the eyes see favor in. I'm not saying that emotions are not important, they are but not to the point where we are completely subdued in them. If we as Christians do not set a standard to such things, how are we different from non-Christians?

I have been constantly thinking on these matters but I've not come to a solid conclusion. Reason? Its hard to do so but with a heart that seeks God's will in everything, I believe strength can be found.

[ Think ]

Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers,older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.

No comments: