Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blessings

I've been sick for the past few days and its truly God's grace and mercy that I'm feeling a little better today. These past few days have made me realize things which I wouldn't if things didn't go as they were.

For a long time I've been having an inconsistent quiet time but this time of sickness has allowed me to start my day with the Lord which has been really awesome in my point of view. I know i know..I've been saying I wanted to have regular quiet times but It just never happened..so God had to do something drastic I guess but I can't help but feel that He's always there, although sometimes He might withdraw His tangible presence but its always for a good purpose. I just pray that this will continue on even with the busy and hectic times that will soon come by.

Psalms 138:8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me

These times have also made realize that whenever your down and in the pits, the only people that you can rely on without a speck of doubt would be your family. Whether its your own blood family or God's family. Its truly a great blessing to have them.

I've began to understand the idea of long suffering, in having patience in whatever things which may come about, in being wise and having a sense of understanding when the world around you just doesn't care anymore. Its also really hard to have patience sometimes when you are being judged for the things you do or do not do.

Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

So in the end of they day, Its not about us and what we want to achieve in this world. Its about God's will for our lives and that re-assures me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

In whatever you do, just smile even if you heart is breaking, have a loving and caring attitude and a gentle, patient and humble spirit.

Thats what It means to carry your own cross.

Mark 8:34 If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

No comments: