Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Life & death

Today I realized how fragile life could be.. It all started out fine till I reached back home and there was a power shortage, a cut in our electric supply to be exact. Don't ask why my electric has been cut..Its quite obvious why. I went to check on my dogs.. They were as noisy as ever -.-" ..Which is kinda of a good thing..it would be pretty bad if they were quiet coz that would mean that something happened to them. I looked around the living room and i was shocked..to see the aquarium which had water so murky I was surprised how the fishes even manage to survive for half an hour in there. Being carefree as I always am, I ignored those fishes..thinking that they would be alright when the electricity came. There I was, staring at the aquarium..waiting..waiting..saying to myself that the electricity would come soon coz i received a call that my power supply has been reconnected.. I even fell asleep on the couch waiting for the electricity to come and woke up when i heard the rumbling sounds of the aquarium motor which was practically right next to me. My couch is right next to the aquarium ok? ..question answered. To my absolute horror..i saw 5 of my goldfish swimming upside down which is a very very bad thing coz it always means that it will die. Without a single doubt in my mind I tried to save them..I tried my best..I even tried to do CPR on them..with a air hose... well 4 of them recuperated..but unfortunately one of em died just right in front of my watchful eyes..one moment..it was breathing..the next...it completely stopped moving, believe me I was devastated..u might think i 'm a fckin wimp but its not about the goldfish..its about seeing something that u care for u die right in front of u.. well i'm not that sad.. coz i barely know my goldfish..hahaha! But seriously.. the fishes attitude towards me really touched me.. why? well.. a few days ago.. they would squirm and swim around like there's no tomorrow when i approached the aquarium but today.. just at soon as they were swimming normally again..they did not panic when my hands were in the aquarium, in fact they even approached my hand and gently slid their bodies on my hands as if they were showing a sign of affection towards me. That really got me.. it made me realize how important it is to spend time with ur loved ones.. be it family or friends..just spend time with them and it will definitely change ur life.

No comments: