Friday, August 16, 2013

The heart so wretched

I felt the breeze of the mountain top,
The muddiness of life slowly washed away as the rain drop,
Life's why's, the if's and the what's
Traded in the serenity of a lonely tear drop.

As we make our way down from this stop,
Did we ever wonder what that muddiness was all about,
Striving each day to fulfil the never ending wants,
The joy of freedom for the chains of the world, we swap.

We read God's word like a mythical fable from Aesop,
Going to the words of comfort and treating it like how a fickle woman window-shop,
Avoiding the truth which we need to confront,
Confession of the downtrodden soul and the wretched heart.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God
As the Father's voice gives us a prod,
The soul laud, and the heart thaws.
For I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

No comments: