Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Price

It may seem by the sound of the title that I'm going to talk about the price of what Jesus paid for our salvation, but no i am not going to talk about that today although it is ALWAYS good to remind yourself of what He has done on the Cross for the Eternal Life you have right at this moment.

What I am going to talk about is regarding the price of being an "economical person"

I don't like the word cheap, its a degrading word which brings about the thoughts of having to burn one own's excrements to make cooking fire fuel, if that was possible...which i doubt so *ponders*

Anyways, the price of being cheap, ops i meant economical, doesn't come cheap at times.
This conclusion was drawn from the outcome of repairing my futsal shoes which seemed to be suffering from a serious case of diarrhea as there was a gawking hole at the tip of the shoe after today's game.

Tears, blood, sweat and even dirt was involved in this mighty ordeal, yes i meant repairing the shoe. Mother nature must have been so proud of this cow that the piece of leather had to be so thick and difficult to puncture with a sowing needle. Needless to say, against the might of the thick piece of hide, frustration hit.

with bad consequences of course. I used all my strength to push the needle that it went right through the leather and went right in between my nails. yes it bled. thank you for asking. my eyes bled too, although the fluid was pretty salty and clear. to add to the insult of my injuries, whilst sucking my bleeding thumb, i ate dirt. yes i literally ate dirt. from the sole of my shoe.

If i had a conversation with my shoe, it would probably be a one way one, one way being the shoe cursing me. Shoe: "Eat my dust, haha"

Looking at that futsal show right now, I must say that i feel proud that I have prolonged its lifetime a game or two.

No comments: