Thursday, January 09, 2014

Book review: Every Day by David Levithan



What began with single quote, ended up with one of the most memorable written stories I've ever read.
I found this book purely through accident as I was browsing through Goodreads. This book is also my first book I ever purchased online. I kid you not, I actually thought it was so good that it deserved to be purchased. If I could summarize this book in a few sentences, this book would be a book in which I would simply hang individual pages on the wall -all framed up-. The quotes are simply marvelously I-will-make-your-heart-flutter kind of quotes. If you ever needed a book or a love story to make you feel the butterflies, it would be this book. The only qualm I have about this book is that it should have a sequel. The story seems, to my dismay, to be left hanging. Last two words for this book: Read it!

“I am a drifter, and as lonely as that can be, it is also remarkably freeing. I will never define myself in terms of anyone else. I will never feel the pressure of peers or the burden of parental expectation. I can view everyone as pieces of a whole, and focus on the whole, not the pieces. I have learned to observe, far better than most people observe. I am not blinded by the past or motivated by the future. I focus on the present because that is where I am destined to live.” 
― David LevithanEvery Day

No comments: