Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Emptiness amidst fulfilment



With each stride forward or back, we leave footprints in the soil of our heart,
With every step we take, it leaves a deep indentation on our heart and our soul,
A hollow mark waiting to be filled, yet... I ask, what can fill it?
Success? Passion? Enthusiasm? Commendation? 
As the wind of memories pass over these holes, it whistles a song,
A song of the marching footprints, a song of it's hollowness,
With every note heard, the heart breaks a little,
What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right? Insecurities build up. 
Is it not merely just emptiness in the wake of success?

With every thought of being a salt and light amongst my colleagues and friends. I am made to think about the things I say, the things I do, on trying to keep everyone happy but it's just beyond my limit in these things. Sometimes I'm guilty of momentarily subscribing to the devil's lie that people to a certain degree, are just cynical to whatever good news I bring. If success breeds jealousy, what is the entire point?

These are the times when I'm reminded that success means nothing without the fulfilment and purpose in life that God can bring. Also times when I'm reminded that the Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer. The times when I'm reminded that my success is to the Lord's glory and not to mine.
The reminder that even Jesus had it bad with his own community he grew up in as a man. A reminder of the cross I will have to bear in my life with His strength.These are also the times where I'm thankful for the favour He has shown in my life.

No comments: