Sunday, June 12, 2011

All Talk, No Actions

Today's message in church was on the book of Acts (chapter 8), on how a model church should be. Where's the repentance and wholesomeness of church with 'good' members? Church should be filled with people from all backgrounds. Although this might be a extreme illustration, church should be filled with thieves, liars, adulterers, gays, lesbians and whatnot. Aren't we suppose to bring our brothers and sisters back to a holy lifestyle? Aren't we suppose to be gentle and compassionate about the people around us? What's with the look? What's with the gossip?

I perceived the message as a usual reminder of the things a christian should be. More than that, it has me questioning the 'busy-ness' that I have engulfed myself with. I might say that I do have a lot of assignments and such and do not have the time to serve God, but how true is that?  Are you a person who wants to conform the 'other' activities around the plan of serving God, or are you the person who's putting your schedule ahead of the chances to serve and glorify God with whatever means possible?

Unfortunately, i feel like the latter. I feel that despite my schedule, I could have done better. I could have done more. But another question which springs up is, is God asking you to do it? It throws me in another mess which makes me go in between the first question and the second.

One question I'm always asking myself is, ' What have I been doing throughout my Christian life? '
Although it has been a comparatively short one, I do not want to conform to other people's standard nor do i want to rush through an ' ideal ' christian life with the high likelihood of suffering from burnouts.

This post is filled with questions in which I hope would be answered someday.

No comments: